As the first commercial real estate company in the state of Minnesota to design, develop, and operate a LEED Gold Certified corporate headquarters, Welsh is committed to sustainable real estate and environmental stewardship. We can help you develop and execute a sustainable strategy.
Our team is dedicated to helping clients find a balance between environmental impact and budgetary constraints. We’re committed to sustainable real estate building practices, and several members of our project management staff have achieved certification as LEED® Accredited Professionals. We can help you pick and choose what make sense for your project and your budget. At the end of the day, you can feel comfortable knowing that your building has minimal environmental impact at a price you can afford.
While LEED® construction can be applied to any building, it is not necessarily practical for every building. As we evaluate sustainable options for your building, we will also help you decide whether or not it makes sense for you to go through the actual certification process. If you do choose to go through certification, our team is experienced in this area and can flawlessly execute the required documentation process.
As a LEED Gold Certified building, Welsh’s corporate headquarters was designed, built, and is operated with many sustainable real estate practices:
- More than 50% of the wood used is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, which protects against habitat destruction and water pollution.
- 20% of the construction materials are regional, reducing environmental impact from the effects of transportation.
- Specialty faucets, urinals, and toilets reduce water usage by 40% and will pay for themselves within six years.
- The light colored roofing material has a higher cost up front, but will deflect sunlight in summer and keep the building cooler than a traditional roof.
At the property level, managers implement sustainable real estate programs, including:
- Building and tenant recycling programs
- Green cleaning
- Daytime cleaning
- Tenant commuter challenges
Sustainable Real Estate Services
We can provide sustainability strategy to your next project: