This landmark Minneapolis church was originally slated for demolition when Welsh Construction and Welsh Architecture were hired to restore it in 2008 in collaboration with Catalyst Community Partners and The Ackerberg Group. Originally constructed in 1908, the property was rotted with mold and asbestos, and was barely standing. Welsh gutted the property, rebuilt staircases, constructed ADA bathrooms, restored all woodwork and floors, and refurbished the exterior. In addition, new sound, fire and light, and an HVAC system were installed. Culminating true historic character, the restoration was done in a matter of 16 weeks.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Best in Real Estate – Interior Renovation, 2008
- Neighborhood Preservation Award, 2009
- Charles Nelson Award for Excellence, 2009