The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) of Greater Minneapolis today announced that seven Minneapolis area properties have been awarded the prestigious TOBY Awards in their competition categories locally. The winners now advance to the regional level of the competition and then, if successful there, will advance to the International level where winners will be announced at a gala in San Diego, California, DC on June 23. Photos and more detailed descriptions of each winner are available on request. The winners are:
- Target Plaza, owned and managed by Target Corporation won the award in the Corporate Facility category.
- Accenture Tower, owned by CalSTRS and managed by CBRE won the award in the Earth Award category.
- Wells Fargo Plaza, owned by Invesco and managed by Zeller Realty Group won the award in the Renovated Building category.
- One Southwest Crossing, owned by One Southwest Crossing and managed by Colliers International won the award in the Suburban Office Park – Midrise category.
- Southdale Office Centre, owned by Southdale Office, LLC and KADO Southdale Investment, LLC and managed by Colliers International won the award in the 250,000 – 249,999 Square Feet category.
- Capella Tower, owned by Minneapolis 225 Holdings, LLC and managed by Ryan Companies won in the Over 1 Million Square Feet category.
- Fifty South Sixth, owned by Hines Global REIT 50 South Sixth, LLC and managed by Hines won in the 500,000 to 1 Million Square Feet category.
Often the public sees only architecture or function when viewing a building without recognizing the tremendous amount of work and dedication exerted by an extraordinary group of professionals dedicated to making buildings energy efficient, comfortable for tenants and functional assets for their owners and their communities. The TOBY Awards are the most prestigious awards of their kind in the commercial real estate industry, recognizing excellence in office building management in fourteen different categories based on size and facility type.
Buildings are judged by all facets of building operations including energy management, tenant relations, community involvement, emergency preparedness and security. To qualify for the international level of this competition, these buildings must first win “The Outstanding Building of the Year” distinction locally and then for the Midwest Northern Region, which includes 12 cities in 7 states.
Buildings were required to submit a detailed application and undergo an extensive building inspection process by a team of TOBY judges. In addition, the management team is interviewed by a judging panel regarding the building’s tenant relations programs, work order systems, emergency preparedness/security standards, budgeting, recordkeeping and staff experience and training.
About BOMA Greater Minneapolis
The Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Minneapolis (BOMA Greater Minneapolis) is an industry-leading organization of more than 600 commercial real estate professionals. Our members own or manage more than 200 buildings containing more than 60 million square feet of office space in the Minneapolis and Suburban areas. Our mission is to provide advocacy and education for commercial real estate. BOMA Greater Minneapolis is one of 93 North American and 12 overseas affiliates of BOMA International.
121 S. 8th Street, Suite 610, Minneapolis, MN55402
www.bomampls.org ٭ Phone: 612.338.8627 ٭ Fax: 612.340.9744
Contact: Kevin Lewis, Executive Director,
BOMA Greater Minneapolis