Facility maintenance is a great way to reduce your commercial property’s energy consumption.
Energy efficiency is an important aspect of any commercial property. Thankfully, there are a few things you can do with facility maintenance to help improve your building’s energy consumption and reduce its carbon footprint. Here are 20 ways to improve your commercial property’s energy efficiency:
- Replace older exit signs with LED or photo luminescent exit signs
- Use ENERGY STAR rated products
- Replace incandescent lamps with compact fluorescent lighting
- Use occupancy sensors to automatically turn off lights in unoccupied rooms
- Replace standard motors with premium efficient motors
- Install waterless/low-flow urinals
- Install low-flow wash fountains
- Use low-flow sensor faucets to regulate water use
- Install aerators to reduce water flow rates on existing faucets
- Retrofit to touchless flush valves
Green Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Use Green Seal cleaning chemicals to reduce toxins
- Use Greenguard certified wood floor cleaners to preserve indoor air quality
- Use microfiber cloths while cleaning to reduce chemical use
- Replace air filters with high-energy filters
- Use paint that is low VOC or VOC-free
- Use paper products with recycled content
- Use trash can liners with recycled content
- Provide recycling containers for all employees
- Use recycling kits for used fluorescent lamps, ballast and batteries.
- Install bathroom partitions and lockers containing recycled content.
These small facility maintenance changes can drastically reduce your energy consumption, making your commercial property a better place to work. For more information on energy-saving best practices, contact FaciliTech at 952.944.5304 today.